4/6/10

h is for...

Homemade!

There's something thoughtful and nice about buying items straight from the artist. Enter Etsy.

Etsy is a community of buyers and sellers that spans across the globe. Etsy is such a fun and unique shopping experience. Once you arrive at the site, you have option to shop by category, color, location or even recommendations from other users. Etsy also has a forum to request custom made items from artists.

Etsy is the type of site you could literally spend hours upon hours on. It can certainly require patience and a decent bit of digging, but there are great treasures to be found on Etsy.

Here are some of my favorite shops:

I wish I could fill my home with all of the beautiful knick-knacks from Hindsvik.

Nella is a great place to shop for wedding and baby presents.

I would love to cover a wall with these frames.

Maybe I'd add some of Kari Herer's art to the butterfly wall.

Ariyama Studio is a great example of how shopping local can uncover wonderful treats!





No comments:

Post a Comment