4/30/10

off to san francisco..


Hello, my readers! I’m off on an exciting trip to San Francisco and Napa with my wonderful friends, Shannon & Kristina. Unfortunately, posting might be a little less frequent and of minimal content this week, but I hope to have some great things to share when I get back! These are two of the greatest places I’ve ever been and I’m so happy to be heading back.

Here’s a fun little rundown of the start to our adventure:

The trip started off a little shaky with a 6 am wake-up call, a ridiculous trip through airport security (which resulted in me running to my catch flight), a broken plane, and therefore a 4 hour delay. Yikes! I was anxious to get to San Francisco, but we really had nothing planned for the day, so it wasn’t a huge inconvenience.

As we were getting our seat re-assignments, it was pretty obvious that the ticketing agents were at the end of their mental capacity. The woman tried her best to seat us together and we offered her a friendly “good luck” for the rest of the day. To our surprise, a few minutes later we hear, “Passengers O’Connell & Waters to the ticketing agent”. My first thought was, “Please! No more delays!” I skeptically walked up to the agent to find that she not only got us two seats together, but they were in first class!

So, I am currently reclining in my seat, drinking a bloody mary, working on posts, and watching No Reservations with my best friend right next to me. I’m loving life and I’m happy to think that my simple little “good luck” might have restored some sanity to our amazing ticketing agent.

So readers, let that be a lesson that sometimes kind words and actions don’t go unnoticed!

No comments:

Post a Comment