8/24/10

designer library

Move over Coralie Brickford-Smith, there's a new designer in town!

No, that is cruel. I am absolutely smitten with Coralie Brickford-Smith's clothbound Penguin Classics & her recently launched F. Scott Fitzgerald series, but I am pretty psyched about the new collection of clothbound books from White's Books:

I of course caved & purchased Emma & Sonnets & Poems by William Shakespeare. I've really got my eye on the whole set though...

This has turned into such an unexpected hobby for me, but book design totally fascinates me. I love homes with huge bookshelves & now all I can thinking about is creating one of my own with visually beautiful books (even if I don't read them all). I know there are a lot of used book stores in Chicago & as much as I love a crisp new book, vintage designs can be amazing as well. I really should start hunting locally.

Do you know of any good used bookstores in Chicago?

No comments:

Post a Comment