8/17/10

so i'm kind of a loner...


It's true, I'm a loner. I don't see that as a necessarily good or bad thing, it's just who I am. I like spending time alone & I enjoy my company. I like to wander around the city by myself. 5 hours can pass by when I'm alone & it will only feel like 30 minutes to me. That's not to say that I don't like spending time with others & luckily for me I have an umbrella of friends around when I need them, but I get energized from spending time with myself. I believe I've even been called "stubbornly independent" before.

I honestly don't think twice about the way I like to live my life, but then I saw this little video by Tanya Davis & it kinda made me want to high-five myself. Take a look:

I really should work at being a better loner though. I'm not a risk-taking loner & that needs to change. One of these days I'm going to be brave & take myself dancing or go to a concert alone. I'll be nervous at first, but I think I'll have fun. You should try it too.

"Lonely is a freedom that breathes easy & weightless. Lonely is healing if you make it." - Tanya Davis

(photo via Coco+Kelley)

No comments:

Post a Comment