12/16/10

10 things that made me happy

I'm so not a birthday girl. I hate being the center of attention & I feel really awkward when others go out of their way for me. I only acknowledge this day because it means I get to pick a birthday meal (chili & ribs in this case) & it also allows me to justify making some excessive purchases for myself.

Twenty-three, however, was a pretty awesome year for me. He's a quick rundown of some of the things that brought a smile to my face this past year...

1. Friends Old & New
I'm 100% convinced that I have some of the best friends in the world. I've met some great people in the past year as well as kept in touch with some very awesome people that I've known for years. Better yet, are the one's I reconnected with after spending time apart. I'm thankful every day to have each & every one of them in my life.

2. Hot Yoga
This one has been a lifesaver to me. I hope everyone can find that one thing that keeps you grounded, brings you positive energy & makes you feel good about yourself. 

3. A Good Ear
I've loved music for as long as I can remember, but this past year I really felt like I was learning music & knowing what to look for. My desire for new music will never stop & I'm glad it brings such happiness to my life.

4. Knowledge
I've got miles to go, but in the past few months especially, I can see myself getting more skilled at my job. I remember first starting & just feeling so lost about everything. That still happens, don't get me wrong, but it's definitely rewarding to watch yourself grow.

5. My Blog
A year ago this little guy didn't even exist. Crazy. As lame as my posts may be sometimes, this right here is my pride & joy. It's my break in the day & it let's me contribute a little bit of me to anyone who might be interested. I never thought I would get so much out of this blog, but I've met some really great people & feel like I'm a part of a little online family.

6. A New Addition To The Family
My awesome family just got awesomer! My brother got married over the Summer & I love the new addition. It's so funny that we're getting old & turning into real people now.


7. Independence
Okay, so my parents still help me out a little bit here & there, but this is the first full year that I've fully supported myself. Although there are many times I wish I was still living in the comfort of my childhood home, it really makes me proud of myself for coming this far & being happy on top of everything else

8. Gluttony
What more can I say? I ate some gooooood food this year ;)

9. My Mini Gallery
I've become quite the art collector this past year. I bought some beautiful photographs & prints over the past year & my new hobby doesn't seem to be letting up. My bookshelves are looking quite lovely these days too!

10. Laughs
I've laughed a lot this year. Granted, most of the time it was at myself, but what more can a girl ask for?

Here's to hoping twenty-four is just as magical!

No comments:

Post a Comment