6/22/11

i used to think i was the strangest person in the world

"I used to think I was the strangest person in the world, but then I thought: there are so many people in the world. There must be someone just like me who feels bizarre & flawed in the same ways I do. I would imagine her & imagine that she must be out there thinking of me too. Well, I hope that if you are out there & read this & know that, yes, it's true. I'm here & I'm just as strange as you."
-Frida Kahlo 

Aside from being tragic, the life of Frida Kahlo was so fascinating & inspiring. Both images of her & paintings by her stop me in my tracks. I know little about her life aside from a small high school project & a film starring Penelope Cruz. I am curious --- has anyone ever read a particularly good biography about her life? I am on the hunt for one & would love a good recommendation.

(via)

No comments:

Post a Comment