6/22/11

i was there : my morning jacket





Show: My Morning Jacket (& Daniel Martin Moore)

Location: Auditorium Theater

Date: 6.17.11

Favorite Song: I have a very special place in my heart for "Where to Begin." Always starting over, but somehow I always know where to begin.

Memorable Moment: The Auditorium Theater is beautiful. I had been once for Ray LaMontange, but I was sitting floor level. The balcony is where it's at because you get to see the golden arch* of lights. At one point, MMJ played "Golden" with only the "golden arch" lights; no stage lights. Pretty awesome. Also, I was a big fan of the wardrobe choices.

Biggest Letdown: Aside from the Hillbillies** behind me spilling beer all over me throughout the show, I would probably say that I was hoping to hear more of their older, less popular songs.

This Show: Didn't quite top their 2007 Lollapalooza performance with the Chicago Youth Symphany Orchestra, but I still enjoyed it none the less. Jim James always puts on a good show & I'm excited to see them perform again at this years Lollapalooza.

*Direct quote from Jim James.
**Direct quote from the random guy sitting next to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment