6/16/11

no need for talking, i already know

The xx's xx has become one of my top albums in the past year or so. I really liked a few of the songs at first, but I have grown to collectively love the album as a whole. "Stars" is one of the tracks that didn't do much for me at first, but now I can't get enough.

Unfortunately, The xx have gone their separate ways for the time being and it doesn't appear as though anything new will be surfacing soon (although, there has been some solo work). Bummer, right?

Last week I heard about a Brooklyn duo called Creep that supposedly had sounds similar to that of The xx. I took a listen to their song "Days" & was quite impressed. Sure enough, the vocals were from none other than Romy Madley-Croft of The xx.  guess the rumors were valid. I still need to give Creep a few more listens, but they get major bonus points because their website URL is www.officialcreep.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment