5/22/12

coming together

Last week I bit the bullet & ordered a sectional for my new living room. I spent a lot of time searching for the perfect couch & for a while had my heart set on one from CB2, but it was pretty horrible when I actually saw it in person. I was getting frustrated with the options & prices when I sent out a call for help via Twitter. Every one of my Chicago friends responded with the same answer: Roy's in Lincoln Park.

Roy's is deceivingly large & had a great selection of furniture at very reasonable prices. The best part? Everything came in almost 80 fabric options. The prices also opened up the possibility of getting a sectional, as opposed to just a sofa, which I was secretly hoping for all along.
I've had my heart set on a dark, dark blue sofa since I needed a color that would work well with my little green love seat, & thankfully, Roy's had several options. Roy's was also pretty great & threw in the 3 pillows you see in the photo above. I went with a very nice black & white stripe for those. I figure I can always add new covers down the road as well.
I won't get my sofa until about early July, but so far I've been very happy with my experience at Roy's. They don't hassle you & follow you around the store, which I love, but are there to help when you need it. Some people are maybe a little more needy & want that extra attention, but for me it was perfect.

My first month in the new place with be a little strange as I slowly start collecting all of the pieces, but I'm feeling more & more like things are coming together.

No comments:

Post a Comment