5/31/12

shopping cart : for under the toes

I am not at all exaggerating when I say that I've been stalking West Elm daily for the moment when their Souk Rug would once again become available on the site. At first, it was 6-8 weeks for the product to be re-stocked. Then, it disappeared from the site completely & my panic really set in. Then, followed the rug sale. This sale almost tempted me into buying another option, but a part of me knew that West Elm was clearing out some inventory for new items, like my beloved Souk Rug. Well guys, my wish came true & the Souk Rug has officially been ordered.

But, as my luck would have it, one rug problem was solved while another was created. 
For years & years I've been eyeing Ikea's Stockholm Rand rug. It's been featured on countless blogs & I just love the simple look (at a cheap cost!). This was another item that had long been sold out at my local area Ikea, but for the past 6 months or so they have finally had it in stock. If I had a car I would have snagged this up in a heartbeat, but I foolishly though that I could wait just a little bit longer until I moved into my new place & made my big Ikea trip of the year. Of course this rug went out of stock sometime in the last week & I am know down an option for my dining area (as planned here).

I've been going back & forth on whether I even need a rug for my dining area (that will probably drive another blog post to help me come to my decision), but since I don't actually have a dining room per se, I think a rug will be necessary to break up the spaces in my giant living room. In a complete change of events, I am now contemplating a cowhide rug for under my tulip table. As awful as it sounds, I've kind of got this whole glam/tribal look that I'm planning & I think a cowhide rug might be a good fit.

Here are some options I like:


1 | 2 | 3

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment