8/2/13

i was there || pitchfork music festival

Show: Pitchfork Music Festival
Joanna Newsom
Björk
Phosphorescent
Parquet Courts
Merchandise
Savages
Swans
Ryan Hemsworth
Andy Stott
Waxahatchee
Yo La Tengo
Sky Ferreira
Chairlift
Toro Y Moi
MIA
R Kelly

Location: Union Park

Date: 7.19.13-7.21.13

Favorite Song: Toro Y Moi put on one of my favorite sets of the day + their opening with "Rose Quartz" was spot on. It got the Sunday crowd moving which I think was necessary at that point in the weekend. Phosphorescent's "Ride On / Right On" + Chairlift's brief cover of Modern English's "I Melt With You" are worth mentioning as well.

Memorable Moment: I mean how can you top Björk + her girl posse? It was definitely one of the more interesting sets I've ever seen. She played right at sunset with storms rolling in + the ambiance in Union Park during that show was seriously like some weird fantasy world. The sky was dark blue with pinkish clouds + dragonflies were flying around with the occasional lightening flash in the distance. So perfect.

Biggest Letdown: When did 3 day festivals start to get so hard? I wish I could have stuck around longer each day + there were some acts that I was hoping to see that I didn't get to. Foxygen for one, but thankfully I'll be seeing them at Lincoln Hall in the Fall.

This Show: Wavefront is up there, but Pitchfork is still my favorite fest. A lot of it has to do with the fact that Union Park is so condensed & close to home. If you wanted to, you really could see a little bit of each set. When you're walking 10+ minutes from stage to stage it just gets tiring + upsetting to miss so many good acts in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment