9/29/13

i was there || jamie xx

Show: Jamie xx

Location: Smart Bar

Date: 9.26.13

Favorite Song: Jamie did a mix of The xx's "Reconsider" that quite honestly gave me chills. He started his Boiler Room set with this one + it a truly beautiful piece of music. I think that's why I like him so much. Everything he makes is so beautiful it hurts.

Memorable Moment: I'd probably back up a few months for this when the show was first announced. I haven't been that excited for something in a long time.

Biggest Letdown: I've heard many Jamie xx sets + while I enjoyed the performance, it wasn't my favorite set from him. I guess he'll just have to come back + play for me again. And again.

This Show: was quite possibly at the tippy top of my list of DJs I've been wanting to see. I love Jamie xx. I don't know if I've ever listened to a set of music as much as I have listened to his Essential Mix. His Boiler Room play count is getting up there as well. I loved his work with Gil-Scott Heron too. I can't pinpoint exactly what it is but his music calms me + brings me to a good place. I'm happy to have finally crossed that one off the list, but I still hope to see him many more times.

No comments:

Post a Comment