8/8/11

i was there : galapalooza

"Paris (Ooh La La) - Grace Potter & the Nocturnals

Show: Galapalooza with DJ Shadow, Elizaveta, Walk the Moon & Grace Potter & the Nocturnals

Location: Petrillo Music Shell

Date: 8.4.11

Favorite Song: It was pretty adorable when Grace Potter & the Nocturnals brought little campers onstage to sing along during "Paris (Ooh La La)." This year Galapalooza was raising money to send under-privileged kids to summer camp in Chicago. Awesome. Plus, the song is so fun & catchy.

Memorable Moment: Aside from the Grey Goose cocktails & Chicago food truck crawl, I'd have to say that Grace Potter & the Nocturnals were super impressive. I couldn't really get into their albums; a little too folky & country for me, but seeing Grace live made me feel like I was watching a modern day Janis Joplin. Her voice was booming & watching her onstage was like watching a glamazon flower child.

Biggest Letdown: I will say this because I can mostly vouch for them the following night, but Walk the Moon was just a little bit lost on such a huge stage.

This Show: Kind of turned me on. Grace Potter is an über hottie & the hair flipping & pelvic thrusts to the beat of the bass got me a little excited. Note to self: conquer the hair flip.

(via)

No comments:

Post a Comment