8/2/11

i was there : james murphy

(what I was expecting to do)

Show: James Murphy & Sh*t Robot

Location: The Mid

Date: 7.29.11

Favorite Song: I like disco, but if I'm going to listen to it, I'd rather hear this. I appreciate the time travel back to my parents era, but it just issn't something I am accustomed to.

Memorable Moment: James Murphy is still James Fucking Murphy. This guy has been in the game for a long time & is a legend. Anytime you're in a room with him is a treat. Just watch his final LCD Soundsystem show if you have any doubts as to how passionate this man is about music. I have major respect & admiration for him, plus, I don't know if I'll ever see an actual vinyl DJ set again in my life. That was a fun thing to watch from the balcony.

Biggest Letdown: Perhaps it was because I had spend the prior 15 hours moving into my new apartment, but I thought the set got a little boring. Again, I'm all for disco, but I guess this just wasn't what I had expected. It was new, so I enjoyed that aspect, but definitely not your typical show at The Mid.

This show: Didn't change my undying love for James Murphy.

No comments:

Post a Comment