8/29/11

i was there : the twelves

Show: The Twelves & Junior Boys

Location: The Mid

Date: 8.19.11

Favorite Song: The Twelves poured out an amazing remix of the song "Odessa" by Caribou. It's a great song to begin with, but adding that little bit of disco was phenomenal. I wish I could find a clip to post here.

Memorable Moment: The Twelves sounded a little less like The Twelves to me for some reason. A little toned down, maybe? That's all good & well because when the heavy hitters like "Seven" & "Drop the Tough" come out it doesn't matter anymore.

Biggest Letdown: Seeing someone on the floor of a bar is always a buzz kill.

This Show: Was a guaranteed good time. I will never forget the first time I heard The Twelves during their BBC Radio 1 Essential Mix, & well, lets just say it was a good night. There music is so fun & disco just can't help but make you feel good. I would recommend The Twelves to everyone. I think I've blogged about them more than any other artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment