3/22/13

up close + personal

I am quite girly in the sense that I like make-up, but I've never really invested much time or money in products in hopes of reaching perfection. I make an effort to look nice (almost) every day. That's all that really matters, right?

Apparently getting an A for effort (okay, fine a B) doesn't cut it anymore. Sadly, I had learn this the hard way from a male make-up artist at Nordstrom. Talk about feeling inadequate! I know he was just trying to help, but I left feeling really insecure about my overall beauty routine. It didn't help that a few nights later I met some women that went on + on about their favorite beauty products at Barneys. Please note: I've never even stepped foot in Barneys.
I actually love the fact that I'm pretty thrifty. The funny thing is, I actually just set a goal for myself to get my beauty routine locked down by the end of the year/by the time I'm 27 (!!!). It's funny the way timing works out that way. I'm not going to let these encounters turn me bitter though. If anything, it's probably just the fuel I needed to really go through with this challenge. I'm just going to do it in a very me way -- still be relatively thrifty + not at all pretentious like these people I just met.

Here's a few of the products I've either snagged already or plan to purchase very soon:
As for my skin? I know I'll likely need to find what works best for me, but I'm going to start off with Anna's routine from Door Sixteen. She seems to do everything so perfectly, so it seems like a good enough place to start...
I feel pretty clueless when it comes to this stuff, so I'd love any other recommendations or must-haves.

1 | 2

No comments:

Post a Comment