11/24/13

i was there || benoit + sergio

Show: Benoit + Sergio

Location: Smart Bar

Date: 11.22.13

Favorite Song: I'm going to keep trying to hunt down the actual song but there was a song about darker, deeper, etc. Chicago house music. It was a nice little nod to the city.

Memorable Moment: I was in the women's restroom with a nice buzz going on + ran into two super cool french chicks just chatting away. For a brief moment I felt like I was at some club in France + all seemed right in the world. A drunk girl can dream, right?

Biggest Letdown: My first attempt at coat check for the season was a total failure. I even feel like I got there early-ish, but I should have remembered just how tiny that room is. There's nothing worse than being stuck with a winter coat all night when all you want to do is dance.

This Show: was fine, but not my favorite set by the duo. They played Smart Bar almost a year ago + I really enjoyed that performance, this just fell a bit flat. Still good. Just not great. I feel like I must have stayed for most of their set, however I left a bit early + never heard "Everybody". There's nothing quite like hearing that song in a dark club.

No comments:

Post a Comment