11/13/13

seeking something meaningful

My mother told me not to come home for Christmas. Not because she doesn't love me, but because it's probably not worth it. Between a recent trip home high school friends' wedding + a new niece on the way I will be seeing my parents plenty over the next couple of months. On top of that, my mom will be saving lives like a rock star on Christmas Eve + Christmas day.

So why does this concern you?

I'm crowd sourcing. I need help.
I'm in a unique position where for the first time in a very long time I'm going to have quite a bit of free time on my hands. I have almost two weeks off work during the holidays with no travel plans + I want to make that time meaningful.

I'm not sure if that means taking on a seasonal holiday job, volunteering, or maybe just packing my bags + going on a solo trip somewhere. But regardless, want to make it count. Very open to any suggestions.
Here's the list I've started on things I'd like to accomplish:

write | organize my concert tickets | DIY mood board | Ikea trip | redo my bookshelf | build a mini bar | visit the world's fair + creatures of light exhibit at the Field Museum | workout every day | network | take a belly dance lesson | DIY alphabet magnets | finish a book or two | print my photos with Artifact Uprising | spend a day snapping photos | help someone who needs it

1 | 2 | 3

No comments:

Post a Comment