7/17/12

i was there : pitchfork (saturday)

Show: Pitchfork - Saturday
Cults
Youth Lagoon
Flying Lotus
Nicholas Jaar
Sleigh Bells
Chromatics
Hot Chip
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Grimes

Location: Union Park

Date: 7.14.12

Favorite Song: Hot Chip's rendition of "Everywhere" by Fleetwood Mac topped my list of songs from the day.

Memorable Moment: A lot of the acts put on a really great show today. I was happy to see that Youth Lagoon lives up to my expectations with their super mellow sounds. Nicholas Jaar was incredibly interesting & chill. Sleigh Bells definitely redeemed themselves for their admittedly "mediocre" Pitchfork performance from two years ago. And Hot Chip, as always, put on a fun & energetic performance. The consensus from those around me was that Hot Chip was the best.

Biggest Letdown: I love both Cults & Grimes, but I expected more out of their sets, especially with Grimes since she was a closing act. Some people just don't translate well at festivals, so I would be willing to see both again. I actually have tickets for when Grimes comes to the Metro in October. Hopefully Cults will make their way back as well.

This Show: was filled with a lot of great acts. I saw a wide range of artists in just a few short hours & enjoyed every minute of it. I don't want this weekend to end!

No comments:

Post a Comment