7/16/12

i was there: spring awakening

Designer Drugs
Nathan Scott
Midnight Conspiracy
A Trak
Ferry Corsten
Benny Benassi

Location: Soldier Field

Date: 6.16.12

Favorite Song: I have seen A Trak a time or two before, but never had heard "Big Bad Wolf" live before. It was a pretty fun song to see live & was perfect for the crowd of little ravers gathered in Soldier Field.

Memorable Moment: Spring Awakening automatically gets bumped up a few points because it is the first festival of the year, so that excitement level gets pretty high when you realize that your Summer of music is just beginning. This was also my first time actually going inside of Soldier Field, so that was pretty cool as well.

Biggest Letdown: I can honestly say that I didn't bring my A-game to this festival, but I also wasn't overly excited for it in the first place. My tastes have definitely evolved over the years, & while I still like some EDM, there really weren't too many DJs at Spring Awakening that I was dying to see. As a result, I only made it to the first day of the fest. I regret missing Moby above all, but I do not regret the meat coma from earlier in the day that kept me away from Soldier Field.

This Show: was more or less what I thought it would be. The crowd was young, the music was rowdy, & I didn't really feel like it was my "scene" anymore. Kudos to the guys who pulled this off, but I'm finding I that I am getting a little bit more choosier when it comes to festival lineups.

No comments:

Post a Comment