7/16/12

i was there: wavefront (saturday)

Show: Wavefront - Saturday
Matthew Dear
Bad Boy Bill
MSTRKRFT
Nic Fanciulli
Boys Noize
Erick Morillo

Location: Montrose Beach

Date: 6.30.12

Favorite Song: Boys Noize's remix of "Swoon" by The Chemical Brothers will forever be one of my favorites, but another notable song from the day includes MSTRKRFT's remix of "Paddling Out" by Miike Snow.

Memorable Moment: Watching that first sunset was pretty magical. Chicago, I love you...

Biggest Letdown: Talk about growing pains. There was line after line after line & no one seemed to know what was going on. Instead of the beer chick nicely stating that they only took drink tickets, instead of cash she yelled, "C'mon people, we don't take cash!" (please keep in mind that this was after I saw her pound multiple shots). The disorganization stressed me out & I pretty much killed the first two hours dealing with this nonsense.

This Show: Definitely has a learning curve it needs to get over in terms of actual organization, but Wavefront succeeded in bringing something new & exciting to Chicago in a very over-saturated festival market. It was so new & exciting that I even forget I was in Chicago. The setting felt more like Miami or some perfect European beach town.

No comments:

Post a Comment