10/23/12

choose your hue

I'm feeling a little bit nostalgic for kitchen appliances these days upon hearing about the recent passing of my mother's 1960's vintage Fridgidaire stove & oven. That thing was a landmark of my childhood + few people could enter my house without commenting on it. Funny thing, it never occurred to me how archaic that appliance was until I heard those comments. I remember turning on my very first gas stove top years later + wondering how on earth I was going to navigate this machine. Weird, random memories, but those are important to me.

If you're curious as to what this thing looked like, here's an exact replica:
We never had cats crawling on ours though.

West Elm has recently started carrying SMEG refrigerators, a very modern version of a vintage design. SMEG's are all over the designer blogosphere + one of the coolest things about these appliances (aside from their vintage look) is that they come in a rainbow assortment of colors:
 
Which one is your favorite? I love the classic black.

No comments:

Post a Comment