10/10/12

the meaning of life

A few months back I had posted a completely lovely + inspiring quote:

"I am driven by two main philosophies, know more about the world today than I did yesterday. And lesson the suffering of others. You'd be surprised by how far this gets you." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

While there is still a whole lot of suffering I'd like to lesson, I have made a serious pledge to myself to tackle that first challenge of knowing more about the world today than I did yesterday. I know that TED Talks are nothing new, but these have definitely been one step towards that for me. 

Additionally, I did something a little bit uncharacteristic of me -- last month I bought myself a ticket for Chicago Ideas Week's Meaning of Life: What's it All About talk with Mitch Albom, Deepak Chopra, Natalie Haynes, Jeff Lieberman, Lisa Miemi Swayze, + Rudy Tanzi which is held tomorrow. I figure if you're going to learn more about the world, you might as well start with the big question.

I'm really looking forward to this event + the Frightened Rabbit concert right after (unrelated). I'll be sure to share any life shattering insights from this + I'm also looking forward to attending similar talks in the future.

(via)

No comments:

Post a Comment