10/25/12

i was there : the xx

Show: The xx

Location: Congress Theater

Date: 10.20.12

Favorite Song: "Intro" will always be one of my favorite songs, so hearing it at the start of the encore was a real treat. I also loved "Missing," "Stars," + anything with Jamie xx on the steel drums. 

Can I also say props to The Congress for their between act soundtrack? Lauren Hill's "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" & Orbital's "Belfast" were great additions to the night.

Memorable Moment: I really love the visuals that went along with this show: the curtain drop after song one, the black + white effects, + of course the massive "x" for the encore. It all fit with the brand identity so well. Simple, but impactful.

Biggest Letdown: Romy Madley Croft has the voice of a fucking angel. No one should ever sing loud enough to distract from her. Also, can we start to enjoy shows with our eyes + ears + not our phones? I'm all for the 1 or 2 souvenir photos, but the room was 10x brighter than it needed to be with all of those phones in the air for the entire show. Really though, this show was perfect, I just wasn't fond of the majority of the audience. 

This Show: I only caught the tail end of their Lollapalooza performance a few years back, but otherwise this was the only full show I've seen by The xx. I'm a huge fan or the group + of Jamie xx, so it was pretty exciting to get to attend this one. Just wish Jamie xx had done a DJ set after. One day...


(via)

No comments:

Post a Comment