10/26/12

i was there : grimes

Show: Grimes
Elite Gymnastics
Myths

Location: Metro

Date: 10.23.12

Favorite Song: Well there was that one time when Elite Gymnastics did a cover of the Spice Girls' "Say You'll Be There" + I'm pretty sure I was the first person in the audience to realize it (I'm pretty awesome like that). Otherwise, I'd go with Grimes' "Oblivion." Is it weird that this song kind of reminds me of "Kiss the Girl" from the Little Mermaid with the la, la, la's? Take a listen. Sounds just like the frogs.

Memorable Moment: From the crowd to the on-stage action, the whole night was pretty memorable. I saw the most epic pelvic thrusting to ever grace the dance floors of the Metro. I got to watch as a homeless looking dude in slippers that goes by "Elite Gymnastics" offer up a bouquet of roses to the "ghosts." + then their was Grimes' performance...

Biggest Letdown: I think Grimes is adorable + weird + I was sad that that got overshadowed at times by some of the other antics on the stage. Namely, a pair of "backup dancers" in wigs, big t-shirts, boy short underwear + blackface?! Looks aside, their only requirement was to crawl from the back of the stage to the front during each song + molest the random assortment of stuffed animals on the ground. It was distracting to say the least + ultimately led me to pay a little less attention to Grimes herself.

This Show: was full of fucking weirdos on stage. I'm talking not one sane person ...+ I kind of loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment