10/16/12

it's like...

As a person who hasn't ridden a bike in a good 15+ years, I was always a little wary about the phrase "It's like riding a bike." Well people, I can vouch that there is nothing but truth in that statement.
I faced my fears in San Francisco + successfully navigated across the Golden Gate bridge, through crowds of tourists, down the steep streets of Sausalito, + through rush hour traffic on Embarcadero Drive. Better yet, I loved it! Why have I been denying myself such excitement all of these years?

I'm very much an anti-car person (because I drive like a grandma) so now I'm totally obsessed with the idea of getting my very own bike. Perfect timing, right? I'll probably just wait until Spring to make my purchase, but don't think I won't be sorting through my favorites all winter long. Right now, this beauty from Linus is the front runner. Part of me is thinking I should probably go with a cheaper option because about every biker I know has had at least one stolen.
I know absolutely nothing about choosing a bike though, so if anyone has tips I would happily accept them!

No comments:

Post a Comment