11/4/10

dibs on dinnerware

When you're one of three children (& the youngest, none the less), you really need assert yourself when it comes to wants. Ever since I can remember I have loved my Mom's china set. It's pretty simple & understated, much like my mother herself, but still so timeless & beautiful. Not too long ago I made her promise that it would be mine one day. My sister gets the home-sewn tree skirt, my brother get everything with our surname & I get the china. The image above is the closest I could find to what it actually looks like. The white parts have this really beautiful & intricate lace-like detailing though.


West Elm & Crate & Barrel recently featured metallic dinnerware to their holiday collection which would compliment my Mom's china perfectly & add some extra character to the table top.
Of course, I'm getting way too ahead of myself, but it's kinda fun to dream about the fabulous dinner parties that I will one day host. Now I just need to work on finding a personal chef...

No comments:

Post a Comment