11/15/10

something unexpected pt. i

I saw 11 concerts in the month of October. It was amazing. Seriously, I can't think of a better way to spend my time than to go to a concert. The rock gods really shined down upon Chicago that month.

My line-up of shows alone included some of my all-time favorite acts like Deadmau5, LCD Soundsystem, Chromeo & Miike Snow. Those 4 shows alone (granted, I saw Deadmau5 & LCD Soundsystem twice) almost overwhelmed me.

I had so much excitement built up for the acts listed above, that I kind of let some other concerts slip by. By some wonderful stroke of luck, I was able to stumble upon some other shows that turned out rather unexpectedly. Not only did I get to experience some great live music, but I learned a few life lessons along the way.

This is a little out of the ordinary from my typical Music Monday posts, but keep an eye out later today for 3 really stand-out shows from the month.

Starting with...

(photo via)

No comments:

Post a Comment