11/23/10

giving thanks on monday

I have a feeling I'm going to go into total couch potato mode when I get back home to St. Louis & I'm also going to try to stay as disconnected as I can over the next few days. I  didn't plan ahead with posts like I usually do & my parents are those techno-phobe types that keep the computer in the deep, dark crevasses of of our basement. As a result,  my plan is to keep the blogging pretty simple this week & seeing that this week just happens to be Thanksgiving week, I thought it would be nice to share 3 things that I was thankful for from the previous day.

Monday
1. My bright red rainboots
They saved me from the monsoon I experienced on the way to work & the awful Chicago sewage systems. I had quite a good time splashing through puddles with them as well!
2. This silly little blog
I'll touch on this more some other time, but I really started this for myself. I never expected many people to look at it (& I hardly expect that many do), but the random outreach & encouragement from strangers along the way has been something wonderful that I never expected.
Over the years this wonder woman has turned into one of my biggest role models. She has a great blog, is a wonderful mother & has style that is to die for. She introduces so many cool things to my life, like Debbie Carlos, a wonderfully talented photographer from Chicago.  (So obviously she's awesome).

No comments:

Post a Comment