11/26/10

giving thanks on thanksgiving

Thursday
1. Family
Sometimes family-time over the holidays can feel overwhelming, but I am really blessed with a great, supportive family. I know that they are proud of me & that is a wonderful blessing. 

2. Health
This is one of those things that you don't really appreciate until you see it taken away. The past year has been filled with some amazing miracles as well as some people that didn't come out as lucky. I don't think about this nearly enough, but my body is pretty much able to do anything it wants. Others aren't so lucky & I should be more thankful for this wonderful gift.

3. Experiences
Basically, I'm thankful for me! I've had some great experiences & influencers in my life & I've also worked really hard myself at becoming a better person. It's an ongoing process, but I'm happy to admit that I think I'm pretty awesome & I hope that others are able to see the value in themselves as well.

Ps. Isn't that sign above amazing? It is from my great grandfather's medical practice. There was another sign indicating that house calls were $2.00 & night calls were $5.00. Unbelievable.

No comments:

Post a Comment