4/24/11

i was there : the national + arcade fire

"Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks" - The National

Show: The National & Arcade Fire

Location: UIC Pavillion

Date: 4.22.11

Favorite Song: "Terrible Love" from The National is so chilling to hear live. From Arcade Fire it was a close tie between old & new favorites -- "Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)" & "Ready to Start" were great! I really enjoyed "Haiti" as well, which surprising since it's not one of my favorites on the album.

Memorable Moment: I went to the show being more excited for The National. I love that band & their set at Lollapalooza last Summer was amazing. The National still sounded great, but I left the concert enjoying the Arcade Fire set even more. I would pick an album from The National over Arcade Fire almost any day, but Arcade Fire really brought it. Their energy was so high & you couldn't help but smile & feel good.

Biggest Letdown: The venue. UIC, you suck & you're too expensive. Also, I didn't hear "Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks" from The National so I added it here.

This Show: made me thankful for my instincts. I hadn't initially purchased tickets because of my hatred towards UIC Pavillion, but I knew I'd be kicking myself if I didn't go. I was really impressed by both sets & had a great time. I also really appreciated the mix of both old & new songs from both acts.

(via)

1 comment: