4/8/11

weekend warrior

So I've already mentioned my evening plans for this weekend, now I can share with you my daytime activities that are inspired by the image above.

I've got this new fascination with mixing & matching my bedding ever couple months or so. I haven't really bought much new bedding & that which is do buy is typically pretty cheap & found at places like Marshall's. I'm ready to mix things up again for Spring & I'm getting so much inspiration from this cover of Adore Home magazine. I love the florals & I love the mixing of patterns.

I currently have these great black & white trellis sheets* & a pale grey duvet cover that looks very Anthropologie-esque. Unfortunately, one of the hazards of living in a studio apartment is having to do a lot of things from bed -- including wine & movie night in the dark. I've bleached out my wine spill mishaps, but now my structurally perfect duvet looks like a total mess. 

Chicago is just starting to flirt with Spring-like weather, so I thought this weekend would be a great opportunity to go for a long walk to Target to pick up some fabric dye in hopes of reviving my sad little bedspread. I've never really dyed anything before, let alone a whole bedspread, but I figure it can't get any worse than it already is. If I have to buy a new one, I have to buy a new one. I like being resourceful & crafty though, so I'm really looking forward to this.
I love the room above, but I also want to make it my own & I'm not really a pink & brown girl. I have consider my sofa into the equation, so I'm thinking a dark purple/navy duvet (like the color above although I'm sure it won't come out as dark) with my black & white trellis sheets & some kind of blue & green floral blanket & pillows to throw in the mix (& maybe one or 2 ikat throw pillows as well). I haven't had time to hunt down the floral additions, but I have faith that I will find something just right.

I'll let you know what the outcome is like. Just a heads up, I wouldn't get too optimistic. I love arts & crafts, but sometimes my execution isn't the greatest.

Happy weekend!

(via ish & chi whose beautiful home was featured in this edition of Adore Home)

*The sheets honestly felt like like a plastic tablecloth when the arrived, but after several washes they have softened up quite well. Also, it looks like they're only available in brown & white now.

No comments:

Post a Comment