1/10/11

can i get?

My favorite part of my work week is probably Friday afternoon at 3 pm when I get to tune into Pete Tong's weekly BBC Radio 1 show.  If you walk past my desk during the two hour run of the show, you will most likely see myself bobbing my head or tapping my foot to the beats. The music & the anticipation of the weekend make it impossible for me to sit still.

Pete Tong is a very talented DJ himself & I look to him & his radio show for the latest in new dance music. I've learned about countless DJs & tracks from tuning into his show week after week. 

This past New Year's Eve, Tong rang in the new year by playing his top tracks from 2010. You can see a list of his picks here as well as listen to his Essential New Tune of the year, "Coma Cat" by Tensnake, below.
I'm a little surprised that this was the Essential New Tune of the year, but I do really enjoy the track. The island-like sounds kind of reminds me of Blood Diamonds.

(via)

No comments:

Post a Comment