1/17/11

i was there : steve aoki

This past Friday marked my first concert of 2011. I'm going to try to do a better job this year with documenting & commenting on the shows I attend, because I know they will be plentiful & I want to be able to recall each & every one of them. I thought my blog might be a nice little home for me brand new "I Was There" (inspiration) series. I hope you enjoy!
Concert: Steve Aoki (with Midnight Conspiracy)
Location: The Mid, Chicago
Date: 1.14.11
Favorite Song: Tough call, but "Pursuit of Happiness" really got the crowd going. It was a special moment.
Memorable Moment: Meeting an extremely tall dance partner, pushing our way to the very front & then him picking me up right in front of the DJ booth. So insane, but so fun. I'm really nervous that photos might surface...
Biggest Let Down: No crowd surfing from the crowd surfing king himself
This Concert: set the bar very high for the rest of the year

For a better indication of how crazy the show actually was, check out this video from the night.

Also, if you're super jealous that you missed this past show (as you very well should be), Steve Aoki will be coming back to Chicago with Glitch Mob to play at the Congress Theater in March.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for documenting the night...I needed it for my records :) Where did you find the photo?

    ReplyDelete