1/7/11

thinking about resolutions

I don't typically make resolutions. In fact, I kind of dislike them. Typically, resolutions involve giving something up & I tend to take that as a "you've been screwing up this whole time." It just never sat well with me.

This year, I've kind of grown to realize that is an absurd way to look at things, so I'm going to give some resolutions a shot. Below is my work in progress & I encourage you to borrow some of these ideas as well...


Visit a museum you've never been to or haven't been to in a while
Better yet, take a little kiddo with you to expose them to something new

Try a new type of exercise
I'm going to try this, but keep an eye out for more options on Groupon & other "deal" sites

Treat yourself to some uber-sexy lingerie, just because
Gentlemen, treat your ladies to some
Buy a bottle of multi-vitamins & take one daily

Start the day with yoga
It's just a matter of getting in the habit of things, then it won't be so hard to wake up early. I'm sure of it

Wear high heels more often
Come on, we all know it makes you feel sexier
You know that sparkly leopard print dress in the deep dark crevasses of your closet? You're never going to wear it again. Do a clean sweep of your closet (don't forget shoes!) & give any rejects to charity

Keep laughing (at yourself).

Make your lunch more often
You'll eat healthier & save money


There are some things & people that are okay to do away with
Don't feel bad. You'll be better off without
Just say you're sorry
Being right or protecting your ego just isn't worth it

Try a new hobby & stick with it
Lookout sewing machine! I've never touched your kind before, but I'm not afraid to try

Take a big chance & leap of faith
Seriously, I'm 24. I've got nothing to lose. Even if it blows up in my face & doesn't work out, it will probably be 100% worth it

...to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment